Living in a fast-paced world, most people don’t want to spend much time preparing their morning cup of joe. This has led to the increasing popularity of semi-automatic and super automatic espresso machines. But if you are a coffee fanatic who would absolutely love to make the best espresso and wants great control over the brewing process, manual espresso machines are the best option for you.
Manual espresso machines not only look gorgeous, they also produce optimal espresso shots. But before you can pull cafe-quality espresso shots, you need to learn how to properly use one. First timers may end up disappointed and frustrated during the first few attempts, but once you learn how to use it, you will realize that it’s worth the effort. With patience and practice, we can guarantee that you’ll be able to make the very best espresso that can be made.
If you think that manual espresso-making is for you, then this blog post is for you. There are lots of gorgeous manual espresso machines available on the market. Check out our list below to find the best manual makers for pulling a rich, flavorful, and clean shot.
Elektra ART-S1CO Micro Casa
Just like the classic espresso machines in the ‘50s, the Micro Casa uses a spring-loaded piston to press water through the coffee. The machine is equipped with an internal pressure regulator, which ensures that every shot is of the perfect temperature for extraction. This is a great feature that many other manual espresso machines lack. If you want thick, high-quality foam on your espresso, this manual machine is the best choice for you. It comes with brass boilers that are intended to create dry steam for microfoam.
The ART-S1CO Micro Casa has a beautiful, sleek design that captured the attention of espresso lovers. It is so visually appealing, you wouldn’t want to take your eyes off of it. Because of its classic, sophisticated look, the Micro Casa will complement with your kitchen interiors. It’s not just a coffee maker; it’s a piece of art. This espresso machine will be a great addition to any kitchen.
Pontevecchio Lusso Manual Espresso Machines
The Lusso is a no-nonsense lever espresso machine. It is known for the unique flavor profile of the beverage, its products and the compelling simplicity of its design. With lever machines, the espresso making process is slow and thoughtful, almost zen-like.
La Pavoni PC-16 Professional Espresso Machine
- 38oz. boiler capacity; Dual frothing; Mounted pressure gauge; Piston operated; Product Dimensions 14 x 10 x 16 inches
- Internal thermostat to control pressure
- Nickel plated, solid brass boilers
- Internal re-set switch in case of overheating
- Makes one or two cups at a time
If you have never used manual espresso machines before, this would be the perfect option for you. This machine has a pressure gauge that will help gauge the extraction process. Plus, La Pavoni is one of the most popular brands in the manual industry, so you can be sure that it’s a great machine.
This coffee machine from La Pavoni comes with a nickel-plated boiler that provides improved temperature regulation. It also features a dual frothing system; thus, allowing you to use the automatic frothing adapter or manual wand to steam your milk. Thanks to its 38-ounce boiler, you’ll be able to create up 16 shots of espresso. This is an excellent option for those at the office or for home baristas who love to entertain.
ROK-Presso Manual Espresso Coffee Maker
- Includes a single spout portafilter, a detachable plastic double spout attachment, and a measuring cup
- Upgraded piston gasket produces better pressure than original ROK
- Lightweight and Portable at 3.5 lbs and 11.5 inches tall
- Extract crema-rich espresso easily by squeezing the GC’s two arms down
- Includes 10 Year Warranty on Metal Parts
The ROK espresso coffee maker is a simple, straightforward machine. It relies on the machine’s limited moving parts. No electricity needed. The package also comes with a stainless steel frother that allows you to make cappuccinos and lattes manually. This is great news for cappuccino and latte fanatics out there. However, we highly recommend that you invest in a decent grinder to get the best quality espresso possible.
In terms of aesthetics, the ROK-presso doesn’t disappoint. It has an attractive, polished metal design, which will capture the attention of every coffee lover out there. It will blend nicely alongside other appliances. Plus, it’s apocalypse-durable. This machine will have a place in your kitchen for many years to come.
The Handpresso Wild Hybrid
- Includes E.S.E. adapter for use with E.S.E. pods
- Made of Aluminum
- Easy maintenance with virtually no clean up
- Brews with 16 bar pressure
- Measures 8.5 by 4 by 2.75 Inch
An espresso machine is a worthy investment for every coffee lover out there. However, not everyone has a big kitchen to accommodate these bulky appliances. The good news is that the Handpresso is so compact that it won’t take up much space on your kitchen counter. In fact, it is small enough that you can just store it in your kitchen drawers when not in use.
The machine is extremely easy to use. Simply pump the machine like a bicycle pump until the pressure reaches the 16 bar mark. Add hot water and then the coffee ground. Press the button, and voila! You can enjoy your espresso.
The Handpresso is an excellent option for coffee lovers who are always on the go. This coffee maker, some coffee grounds, and a cup of hot water is all you need for a quick, easy shot of espresso on the road. You can make espresso just about anywhere with the Handpresso.
Aerobie Aeropress Coffee Maker
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
- Good-bye French Press! The rapid brewing AeroPress avoids the bitterness and high acidity created by the long steep time required by the French press. Plus, the AeroPress paper Microfilter eliminates grit and means clean up takes seconds.
- Makes 1 to 3 cups of American coffee per pressing in about a minute, and unlike a French press, it can also brew espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso based drinks.
- Perfect for home kitchen use, the AeroPress is lightweight, compact, portable and durable, making it also ideal for traveling, camping, backpacking, boating and more!
- Includes the AeroPress press, funnel, scoop, stirrer, 350 microfilters and a filter holder. Shipped in frustration-free packaging (no retail box inside). Parts are packaged loosely, not in bags. Phthalate free and BPA free. Mug not included. Assembled measurements: 9 1/2" h X 4" w X 4" d
The Aerobie Aeropress coffee maker is a simple, no-nonsense machine. It uses air pressure to force water over the coffee. Since the brewing method is quite different, you won’t be able to create the same type of espresso you’d get from a full blown machine. Instead, it makes coffee that is similar to what you’d get from a filter machine. But it makes really good coffee quickly.
It’s a great, compact coffee maker that is also easy to use. Since it doesn’t have too many components, cleaning it is a breeze. Manual espresso machines like the Aeropress is suited for people who want the rich flavor of coffee, but like their coffee as easy to make as instant.