For many coffee enthusiasts, coffee pod machines aren’t the best for making coffee at home. But for busy professionals who are short on time or patience, these coffee machines are a life-saver. They are a simpler version of traditional coffee machines. All you have to do is to pop the capsule into the machine, press a button, and then voila! Your coffee will be ready in a jiffy. You no longer have to worry about the waste either since everything is contained in the coffee pod. The capsule machines bring together all the advantages of a fully automated system.
If you’re looking for the best coffee pod machines in the market, you may want to consider getting any of the following machines. These coffee pod machines can serve up a great-tasting cup in a matter of seconds. Plus, they won’t let you down.
Delonghi Nespresso Lattissima Pro
- It's all about the foam: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- Nespresso capsule system: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Milk carafe capacity (l)- 16 ounce (.5 liter)
- Brings out more flavor: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure – the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- The perfect amount of milk: During the extraction process, the integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste. Simply remove from the unit to keep freshly refrigerated. The unit is also designed so no milk comes in contact with the machine – and is dishwasher safe.
- Rapid heat-up time: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds. Used capsule container: 15 capsules
If you usually drink straight cappuccinos or lattes, then this is the perfect coffee pod machine for you. This machine makes latte, latte macchiato, cappuccino, lungo or espresso with just a touch of a buttone. As a compact pod machine, you’d be surprised to know that the Lattissima Pro comes with a fresh milk carafe with automatic foaming function.
The Nespresso Lattisssima has a sleek, premium brushed stainless steel die cast body that will add a luxurious feel to your kitchen. It is not just a gorgeous machine; its features have been thoughtfully considered too. The machine features 19 bars of pressure that results in excellent coffee with a velvety, aromatic layer of crema on top. Thanks to its fast-heating thermoblock, your coffee will be ready in as little as 25 seconds. It also has an intuitive touch display with 6 pre-programmed drinks, so you are one touch away from from delicious barista style beverages. Overall, this coffee pod machine is sure to give you a luxurious experience right at your kitchen.
Kitchenaid Nespresso Artisan
- Easy loading capsule system
- Brew strength selector
- All-Metal, die-cast construction
- 1.3-Liter Removable water tank
If aesthetic appeal is one of your main considerations, the Kitchenaid Nespresso Artisan would be a great option for you. It offers reassuring build quality, unmatched style, and flawless operation. Taking design cues from the rest of the Artisan range, this coffee machine is attention grabbing. It is glossy and it comes in a range of colors. The coffee maker is made from premium qualitys die-cast zinc; thus, giving you an assurance that the machine will be staying in your kitchen for decades to come.
With a generous 1.4 liter water tank at the back, it is quite obvious that the Artisan was built for volume brewing. It reduces the preparation time since you no longer have to constantly refill the tank with water. The machine also features 6 pre-programmed cup sizes. You can use the dial at the front of the machine to choose your desired cup size.
The Nespresso Artisan is a stylistic coffee machine that will sit proudly on your kitchen counters. It is going to make an impact. Aesthetics aside,
Nespresso Vertuo Plus
- Automatic coffee/espresso maker: Espresso VertuoPlus offers the latest innovation from espresso with an all-new design and colors to complete the perfect single-serve coffee or espresso cup experience. Designed for espresso capsules only.
- Smart coffee maker: Brew the perfect single-serve coffee or espresso drink time after time, thanks to Nespresso's technology using barcodes to deliver the best in-cup results including the perfect cream for large coffee cup sizes. Simply insert the capsule and enjoy freshly brewed coffee or authentic espresso.
- Complimentary gift: Each machine includes a welcome kit with a range of Vertuo capsules with unique aroma profiles. Cable length- 29.13 inches. Power rating (in watts)- 1300 watt
- Barista grade: Brew different single-serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - espresso (1.35 ounce), double espresso (2.7 ounce), gran lungo (5 ounce), coffee (7.7 ounce) and alto (14 ounce). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks.
- Features: The VertuoPlus has a motorized head and moveable 60 ounce water tank. The water tank can swivel out or stay behind the machine based on the configuration of your counter space. The machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 20-25 seconds and has an automatic shutoff after 9 minutes. Input power (watts): 1350
Just like its brand Ambassador, George Clooney, the Nespresso Vertuo Plus, is an A-list model. Nespresso is leading the market in terms of function and form. This machine does not only look great, it also dispenses premium coffee. It produces coffee with an aesthetically-pleasing layer of crema on top.
The slim, rounded design means it will fit most kitchens. The water tank can also be rotated to fit the space. This machine is capable of producing various serving sizes – from short espresso to a big cup. This sleek machine has a range of 22 specialty coffee profiles, so you are to find at least one coffee variety to suit your taste.
However, Convenience comes at a price. A single Nespresso capsule can cost as much as $1.20. For those who drink about 4 cups of coffee a day, it can get expensive.
Krups Nespresso Expert Coffee Machine
- SELECTION: Enjoy single serve coffee and espresso cups in any size you prefer. Four cup sizes available: Ristretto (.85 oz.), Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (3.7 oz.) and for the first time Americano (.84 oz. coffee and 4.2 oz. hot water). Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks.
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Bluetooth technology with intuitive LED alerts connects with your smartphone via the Nespresso App to schedule your next morning brew, choose personalized coffee settings, order capsules and manage your espresso machine maintenance.
- PERFORMANCE: Nespresso Expert offers impeccable single cup coffee and espresso every time, thanks to its extraction system delivering up to 19 bars of pressure to fully extract the delicate flavor and aroma profiles of each Nespresso coffee capsule.
- DESIGN: Unique flat-to-the-wall design maximizes counter space by sitting flush to the wall and is inspired by the world of the barista with brushed aluminum finish.
- EFFICIENCY: Nespresso Expert espresso maker heats-up in under 30 seconds with a single touch and powers off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
If you are a tech-inclined person who fancies smart appliances and gadgets, go for the Nespresso Expert. This machine makes coffee-making to a whole new level. It connects you to the Nespresso app; thus, allowing you to create your own personalized coffee. It also offers three temperature settings, four adaptable serving sizes, and an integral milk frother, so you can have your coffee just the way you like it.
Design-wise the Nespresso Expert doesn’t disappoint. With an aluminum brush finish and smooth gliding styles, this coffee machine looks incredibly elegant. It has a beautiful minimalist design that is designed to grace a tabletop while being able to be tucked away when not in use. The machine is also easy to use and maintain. Overall, this coffee pod machine provides a quick, easy way to make your morning brew.
The Nespresso Expert has combined style and sophistication with functionality. It offers smart technology, customizable options and great coffee. It is also more affordable as compared to lesser-quality competitors; thus, making it one of the best coffee pod machines on the market.
Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus Sage
- Single serve coffee & espresso machine: the Nespresso Creatista plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso; The Creatista plus can turn into your personal latte maker with the attached milk frother, allowing you to create top quality latte art in your kitchen; Pour over ice to create your favorite iced coffee drinks
- Barista grade: brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs; Ristretto (0.5 ounce), espresso (1.35 ounce), lungo (5 ounce); The Creatista allows you to take a step further and create more complex coffee drinks such as flat whites, cappuccinos, lattes, and macchiato; There are settings that allow you to adjust coffee volume, milk temperature and mixture with a fast 3 second heat up time
- Smart coffee and espresso maker: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation, setting and maintenance aspects thanks to a high resolution display. Power: 1500 watts
- Integrated milk frother: Automatic built in milk frother with 8 texture levels and 11 different milk temperature settings (11 settings, 55 76°c / 133 169°f) helps you create your favorite single serve coffee and espresso beverages; Complimentary gift: Each machine includes a Nespresso original capsule welcome kit with a range of 16 capsules with unique aroma profiles
- Features and Warranty: Nespresso Creatista plus includes a 1.5 liter removable water tank, an auto purge steam wand, 19 bars of pressure, a fast automatic cleaning process, a stainless milk jug and a 2 year Warranty; heats up in less than 3 seconds with an automatic off mode after 9 minutes
The Nespresso Creatista Plus is recommended for coffee lovers who are looking for all-rounder coffee pod machines. It is an elegantly designed workhorse that brews great-tasting coffee.
This coffee pod machine provides plenty of options for preparing barista-style coffee. It features 8 different texture levels, as well as 11 different milk temperature settings to help you precisely control milk-froth quality. Plus, it features a 19-bar pump, so you won’t have to worry about achieving flavorful extraction.
This pod coffee machine is extremely easy to use. It comes with 8 different beverage selections plus a high resolution display that guides you through the coffee preparation process.
Pros and cons of coffee pod machines
Coffee pod machines became an instant hit once they landed the market. People embraced them because they are time efficient and offer convenience. These coffee machines allowed people to make coffee they want with just a push of a button. All you have to do is to pop a capsule into the machine, push a button and then wait for their coffee. The best part is that you get the same taste of your favorite brew.
One major gripe about purchasing coffee pod machines is that they are difficult to recycle. Some machines use pods that are difficult to recycle. Others even use pods that are non-recyclable. They are also quite expensive since most of these machines are compatible with a specific brand of pod. Prices vary substantially, so we suggest that you do your research first before you commit to a specific brand or model.