Coffee can sometimes be a pain to make, and an even bigger pain to brew correctly. How would you know which machine is the right pick and what would be best for making the most beautiful of deliciousness? So which espresso machine passes small amounts of boiling water under a bar of pressure over finely grounded beans the best? Is it the Capresso Espresso Machine, or the Breville BES870XL Barista?
Some machines come with all the accessories you need to make an espresso, but others don't. You will need a grinder to have freshly ground espresso, a milk frother or a milk frothing pitcher if you like foamy milk for cappuccinos or lattes, and a tamper to press down the coffee grounds before you make espresso if your machine doesn't have those things. If your machine doesn't have a grinder built-in, and it doesn't use pods, you'll need to buy a grinder.
Burr grinders are best, and you should try to get the most powerful one you can find. It's key to have evenly ground coffee that's meant for an espresso machine. You'll get the most flavor and crema out of perfectly ground beans. Overall, just keep in mind what you buy, and make sure you consider what you prefer in your coffee and to help you decide, we've compiled our thoughts on what we think is the best of the best in good coffee making, both keeping in mind the price of each machine and the functionality, and came up understanding that the Capresso Espresso Machine is the right pick in well-rounded coffee making. Don't be fooled by price tags and fancy looks because we know what's best in getting you the best bean brew.
Capresso Espresso Machine Reviews
As we have mentioned, this will be a look into the best of the best coffee machines, not only in functionality but also in price. The Capresso Espresso Machine shows great promise with many interesting features keeping this machine well worth its price tag. It is a machine that has a lot going for it functionality-wise. It can do a lot of the main functions a high-end espresso machine can do and is even versatile enough to be better than other machines in its exact same price range. No type of hand-powering is required, and it is severely easy to clean.
What is a Capresso Espresso Machine?
The Capresso Espresso Machine is a low-cost, relatively low-maintenance powerful coffee machine built for professional espresso making. It has all the tools you could possibly need in an espresso machine and more, including a 15 bar pump, stainless-steel lined Thermoblock. It offers a coffee and steam wand you can use to adjust the potency of your coffee if you want that extra kick to your brew, and it has a removable drip tray so you can clean with absolute ease. Not only is this a good choice for anyone who likes to have control of their espresso, but it's quick and easy to make it too. Its high-pressure frothing makes for smooth handling and perfect cappuccino froth. When the frothing sleeve is placed over the steam tube, it injects hot steam and air into the milk. The air swirls inside the milk creating silky dense froth on top for preparing cappuccinos.
The Capresso Espresso Machine really shines with its outstanding tools that almost feel like it's making a statement to contradict the more expensive alternatives. Not only does it handle like a dream, but the care of extra features really makes this one stand out from the rest. Take, for instance, the coffee and steam selector. It makes it so you can directly choose just how strong your espresso is. It has a stainless steel sieve for easy brewing, a self-locking filter holder for simple cleanup, and a 42-ounce removable water tank for convenient filling. It even has EC50 portafilter sieves, which when used are pressurized, making it easy to achieve excellent crema even if grind size or tamping pressure isn't perfect. 15 bars of pressure ensure flavor-rich espresso and the dual frother wand provides powerful steam/froth for delicious milk specialties.
Compared to most brands of espresso machines, the Capresso Espresso Machine is relatively inexpensive. The pricing comes up to around $90, and for that price, you get almost everything you would ever need for expert espresso. When compared to its competitors, the price is really what shines with this machine. Sure, it isn't the most amazing piece of equipment if you directly take a look at higher end machines, but because design and functionality in comparison to the price is actually quite superb, and makes this espresso machine well worth the price.
How it Compares
We picked a couple of similar products available on the market to see how they compare. None are overall bad picks, but they all have several comparison points that definitely differentiate one from the other.
- PROFESSIONAL BREWING: Advanced heating system maintains a reservoir of hot water at the perfect temperature for faster and more consistent results
- STATE-OF-THE-ART BOILER: Increases brewing pressure and temperature stability
- TWO FILTERS: Double spout espresso filter for beginners or bottomless espresso filter for advanced users.1050 watts
- HEAVY-DUTY: Stainless steel construction with large, integrated cup warming tray
- POWER FROTHER: Commercial-style frother for perfectly foamed or steamed milk for delicious cappuccinos and lattes
This is one of the cheapest espresso machines. It works great for its price and is a steal for anyone who wants good coffee without breaking their wallet. It has aluminum parts that do not come in contact with the elements of the coffee, and the design works well for the handle.
Ease of Use
Once you have the machine you can almost instantly understand it. It's very easy to access and is designed for efficiency.
The looks of the thing won't win any awards, but that's a small price to pay for great coffee. It's functionality and handling, however, are top notch. You definitely won't be disappointed.
Sincerely, the warranty is so cheap it might as well just come with it. Whether you want a 3 or 4-year warranty, it will cost you little to no money, and you can be assured that your coffee maker will be safe and accounted for.
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
Disregarding price, this machine is probably the best. It has great functionality, spectacular design, is easy to use and makes amazing, delicious coffee. Since it's a semi-automatic machine, the Breville automatically adjusts water temperature after steam to extract the most flavor out of your beans. The machine also has a 2-liter water tank with a nice handle for easy removal, and it comes with a replaceable water filter. This, however, doesn't excuse the fact that it is a tough buy for anyone who isn't looking to break their wallet for coffee.
This is definitely a higher end machine, meaning a higher end price. You get good functionality, but it's overall far more expensive than even your average coffee machine.
Ease of Use
With how much is packed inside this one machine, it comes with a lot of the features the Compresso Espresso Machine offers and more. It's well built and works like a charm, so after a few uses, you will have amazing coffee.
This is definitely a top quality espresso machine with a top quality look. It beautiful and sleek, but sophisticated and professional.
It's expensive like the product, of course. You get a standard 3-4 years, but you are definitely paying quite a bit for it.
- Rugged brushed stainless steel housing
- Commercial three-way solenoid valve
- Commercial-style 58mm chrome-plated brass portafilter and Brew Group
- Easy-to-use Turbo-Frother steam wand attachment
- Easy-to-use Turbo-Frother steam wand attachment
While not as expensive as the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, the Gaggia Classic Semi-Automatic Espresso Maker isn't particularly a price to sneeze at either. The machine comes with a coffee tamper, a 7-gram measuring scoop, and an instructional CD. You will have to buy the milk frothing pitcher if you want milk foam on your espresso, which is yet another bit of money you'll have to tack on. The price is well worth it, however, and the design and functionality are perfect for anyone looking for elite design in coffee making. If you have the wallet for it, definitely give it a go. If not, then I definitely recommend looking elsewhere.
Just as the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine gave a good design for a good bit of your money, this one continues with the same.
Ease of Use
This coffee maker, while professional, takes quite a bit of getting used to. It is well worth the time spent, and the end result is great coffee, but the effort will be there. If you have the experience, this might not be a huge deal but if you don't, this might not be your best choice.
Despite the complexity, the design is actually rather sleek. It has an easy-to-use turbo frother wand attachment that is perfect for professional froth, and the functionality makes for wonderful coffee.
Yet another expensive warranty. Where you save a bit on how well this machine works, the warranty doesn't make it any easier of a buy. It holds for up to 4 years, but is overall hard to justify.
- EVERY CUP TO YOUR LIKING: 15-bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences.
- BREW LIKE A PRO: Whatever your preference – single or double espresso, cappuccino or latte – the machine brews authentic barista-quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse.
- YOUR FOAM, YOUR WAY: A manual frother mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- ONE ESPRESSO SHOT OR TWO. The three-in-one filter holder, included with the unit, has filters for one espresso shot, two shots, and one for an easy-serve espresso pod – whatever your preference.
- NO WAITING BETWEEN CUPS: The Advanced Cappuccino System maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup after cup instantly.
The complexity of this Espresso machine is very minimal, up to the point where it hardly even compares with the others. Regardless of whether you buy extra accessories, it's still very affordable, but you're really buying this machine for the espresso. It's has a 15 bar machine with a self-priming function, making it so that you don't have to go through the hassle of prepping the machine yourself. It isn't a particularly bad choice, it's just a boring one. If you are looking for something more professional or robust, do not look here.
The price range is similar to the Capresso Espresso Machine, being very inexpensive and accessible.
Ease of Use
Due to the fact that this doesn't have a lot to it, it is very easy to use. It is the definition of simplicity.
As to be expected, the design is just as bare-bones as its functionality. It looks the way it works, and nothing much else.
There is no warranty to even speak of. Maybe it's because of the price, or maybe it is because there isn't a need, but unlike many other machines, this one lacks a warranty.
The Capresso Espresso Machine is almost a marvel of its work. It's compact, simple, and refined yet can handle nearly the amount that a high-end coffee machine could muster. Everything from its minimalist yet sleek design to the delicious coffee makes for a satisfying buy for this product, not to mention if you find anything unsatisfactory, its warranty makes for an easy and safe purchase.
We definitely think the Capresso Espresso Machine is well worth your time and money, and it is a great machine to not only start off with but to use to tremendous effect.
Last update on 2021-10-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API