There are lots of coffee machines on the market. They come in different brands, models, and sizes. They also vary in price. Most people assume that the more expensive machines are better than budget coffee makers. That’s not necessarily true. Expensive coffee makers will certainly allow you to brew a great cup of coffee, but you can still get a rich, delicious cup of coffee with lower to mid-tier models.
Top-of-the-line machines usually have a more elegant design, advanced features promise speed and convenience, and are made from top quality materials; thus, the premium price tag. Some machines are programmable, while others have temperature control. These machines bring intelligence and automation to your daily brewing habit. Not only do they make the brewing process easier, they provide the ultimate experience. But you don’t need to spend a huge sum of money in order to make good quality coffee at home. As long as you buy the right beans, use the right grind size, and know how to brew coffee properly, you’ll still be able to make fantastic coffee even with budget coffee makers.
Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
- Blooming Technology saturates grounds before brewing to extract fullest flavor
- Removable Water Reservoir for easy filling
- Just-Brewed Thermal Carafe holds temperature and fresh flavor of coffee
- Water filtration helps remove up to 97% of chlorine for better tasting coffee
- Features programmable settings including Delay Brew, Freshness Timer, and Grab-a-Cup Auto Pause
If you like your coffee piping hot, then this is the perfect choice for you. This thermal coffee maker heats water to optimal brewing temperature (205°C). The machine also brews a full pot of coffee in as little as 7 minutes. It’s the perfect time for full extraction. It combines a high brew temperature and a faster brew speed, resulting in balanced and tasty coffee.
This Mr. Coffee coffee machine also features a water filtration system, thermal carafe technology, and removable water reservoir. This is one of those budget coffee makers that is designed to extract the fullest flavor possible.
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Programmable Budget Coffee Makers
- 3 Brew strength options - regular; bold; and 1-4 cups
- Easy-pour carafe for no-mess pouring
- Sleek stainless steel design
- Cone-shaped brew basket
- Programmable clock/timer
A good coffee machine makes good coffee, is easy to use, and affordable. The Hamilton Beach 12-cup coffee maker meets all these features.
Despite being one of the cheapest coffee makers on the list, it is still capable of producing a decent pot of coffee. Of course, the taste and quality aren’t comparable to that of the beverages you buy from your local coffee shop, but it does make a solid cup of coffee.
This coffee machine has a host of user-friendly features such as programmable auto-brew timer and removable water reservoir. It gives you a great user experience with minimal fuss. Would you believe it costs just a little more than the price of 3 bags of specialty coffee beans?
Black & Decker 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
- 12-cup coffeemaker with soft-touch digital control panel
- Programmable clock/timer; auto-brew option; "on" indicator light
- Brew-pause function; nonstick warming plate; 2-hour auto shut-off for safety
- Water-level indicator; glass carafe and removable filter basket included. Make sure water reservoir has not been filled beyond the 12 cup line
- Nonstick keep hot carafe plate
The Black & Decker Thermal Coffee Maker is extremely easy-to-use In fact, you can make a batch of coffee early in the morning no matter how groggy you are. It also has a 24-hour auto brew and auto shutoff function. That means you can wake to a fresh pot of coffee in the morning.
This coffee maker includes a 12-cup carafe that is large enough to handle large batches of brewing. Brewing a large batch of coffee takes time. But if you are in a hurry and want to pour yourself a cup of coffee, you can with the sneak-a-cup feature. It temporarily stops the flow of coffee so you can have your caffeine fix even before the brewing ends. Plus, it has settings for bold, strong, and regular, so you can choose your brew.
No one wants to drink coffee that has been sitting in the pot for hours. These budget coffee makers from Black & Decker has a vacuum sealed and stainless steel carafe that ensures that your coffee stays hot and at an optimal drinkable temperature for hours.
Bonavita BV 1500TS 5-Cup Carafe Coffee Brewer
- One-touch brew operation with auto-off
- Powerful and precise 1100-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 198°-205°F (92°-96°C)
- Optional pre-infusion mode saturates freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing
- Specially designed showerhead for ideal extraction in small batch sizes
- Durable stainless steel lined thermal carafe.Performance coffee brewer makes an 5-cup carafe in approximately 6 minutes
The BV 1500TS is a small yet nice-looking machine. This machine has a polished, metallic body that is the spitting image of its pricier predecessor. It could easily be mistaken for the BV1900TS.
Bonavita believes that simple is good. This machine has a simple design. It is also a breeze to operate and clean. Some machines are quite difficult to figure out, but this coffee maker from Bonavita is user-friendly. As a matter of fact, this machine comes with only one button. There are no LED lit buttons or LCD panels. With its one-touch operation, as well as programmable auto-start and power-off, this machine will allow you to brew a quality pot of coffee every time.
Water temperature has a direct effect on the quality of coffee you make. This coffee machine has a powerful and precise heater to ensure that the water isn’t too hot or too cold. This feature makes it easier to reach the optimal temperature and maintains it throughout the brew. Since it has a double-walled glass carafe, the outside remains cool to touch.
OXO Good Grips Pour Over Budget Coffee Makers
- Creates consistent, flavorful cups of pour-over coffee with minimal effort
- Auto-drip tank precisely controls water flow rate for a consistent, well-balanced brew, there’s no need to stand by with a kettle
- Water tank features a precise hole pattern to distribute water evenly over coffee grounds
- 2 different hole sizes automatically regulate water distribution for ideal brew time
- Measurement markings on Tank show exactly how much water to add up to 12 Ounce
Java purists will tell you that everything you need to make excellent coffee is a simple yet capable coffee maker, fresh grounds, and water. Everything else is an extra complication. In fact, some people will tell you that the best coffee is made using manual brewing.
Manual brewing takes some skills and practice. If you want to master the art of brewing pour-over coffee, look no further than the OXO Good Grips Pour Over Coffee Maker.
Pour over coffee is extremely easy to make. Simply add grounds, pour hot water, and the coffee maker will do the rest. The OXO coffee maker has a water tank that sits snugly atop it. The tank precisely controls water flow rate. It consistently creates flavorful cups of coffee with minimal effort.
There is nothing wrong with splurging, especially if it’s for something you’re truly passionate about. If your budget allows, go ahead and splurge on a coffee machine. But for practical coffee lovers out there who just want to enjoy a good cup of joe in the morning, then basic budget coffee makers will do.
Premium coffee makers have advanced features and sophisticated designs. These machines can be a great addition to your kitchen. But if you can look past all the bells and whistles, you can get yourself a great machine that will do what it’s supposed to do – make a rich, delicious cup of coffee.
In order to make the most out of your investment, choose a coffee maker from a reliable company, durable, and matches the type of coffee you enjoy. If you are an espresso drinker, opt for an espresso machine.